Saturday, March 22, 2014

Let's Take the Crazy Train or Don't Mess with the Prez

File this under "Let's Take the Crazy Train Right Out of the MMWLL Parking Lot"

When parking in lots, most normal people make rows. Even if there are no lines.

Me: Can you please move your car so its in a row? Its going to be a full lot today and the way your van is parked its taking up 3 spots on the fence.

Him: No! I'm parked this way so I can watch the game!

Me: But you are taking up 3 spots and no one can park there.

Him: (mad Asian voice) This is my special spot! I ALWAYS park here. You can't tell me what to do! Leave me alone!

Me: But...

Him: You don't tell me what to do! Leave me alone. Get out of here! You understand me!

Me: (in my calm teacher voice) yes, I understand you. You park this way so you get a good view of your son's game. You can sit in the car and watch. But can you please park the way everyone else is parking?

Him: ( Louder, mad, Asian voice) You don't tell me what to do! Leave me alone. Get out of here! You understand me! I park the way I want to park!

Me: (still in my calm teacher voice)  Yes, I understand you..So when you go to Von's or Target or any place with a parking lot, you park sideways or diagonal or any random way you want?

Him: ( Still in loud, mad, Asian voice) NO! they have lines! I park in the lines! There no lines here! I park the way I want!

Me: (still in my calm teacher voice) So look at all the other cars, they park in rows with no lines. Can you please park the way everyone else is parking? There will be a lot of people here today. We need everyone to park the same way.

Him: ( Louder, mad, Asian voice) You don't tell me what to do! Leave me alone. Get out of here! You understand me! I park the way I want to park! Who you think you are??? Who are you to tell me which way to park???!!!

Me: (still in my calm teacher voice) Well, I am the president of the league...And I'm not telling you which way to park. I am asking you nicely to park the way everyone else is parking so all the people will be able to fit in the lot. We have games on all the fields and if everyone parks the same way it will be safer for all the people.

Him: (in a slightly quieter, mad Asian voice) Who are you??? Are you Ms Marybeth??? She the president.

Me: Yes, Mr. M____. I'm Ms. Marybeth. Can you please park the way everyone else is parking?

Him: (in a slightly quieter,  less mad Asian voice) You really Ms. Marybeth? You know my name? She a good president. You a good president.

Me: Thank you. Now can you please park the way everyone else is parking?

Him: (in a not mad Asian voice) I sorry, Ms Marybeth. I move my car over there so I can see better.

Me: Thank you.

Need I repeat myself? Don't mess with the PREZ!

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment