Friday, February 28, 2014

Tales From the Carpool Lane

Wangenheim Middle School has an award winning band. Andrew plays percussion and I have to admit he looks pretty badass when he gets rockin on the tympani drums.

At the holiday concert it was mentioned that out of all the middle schools in San Diego Unified, Wangenheim has the most awards yet is the least represented in the district honor band.

I was sitting next the parents of one of Andrew's friends and I asked them if their kid, Lucas was going to try out. In my constant quest to keep Andrew occupied and out of trouble, I said I was going to ask Andrew to do it and then if Lucas did too, we could have a... you guessed it... a carpool!

There are 10 kids that made the honor band. Andrew, Lucas, Keegan and Edward are in the carpool. I don't know the other kids, only Andrew. Last night was the 2nd rehearsal and I had the pick up shift.

Me: so how did it go?
Fine, they all say
Me: how is the band shaping up?
Fine, they all say
Me: have you made any friends from the other schools?

The car erupts!
Our school has the hottest girls! Only HOT girls go to Wangenheim! Those other girls are so UGLY! We are sooooo HOT and so are the girls! None of those other schools have HOT girls! I would never date anyone but someone from Wangenheim... not even Challenger (the other middle school in Mira Mesa) All our girls are HOT! Asian, white, Mexican, black, Everybody!

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment