Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Tales From the Carpool Lane

The "sh.." hit it today in the carpool. And I didn't have my paddle with me.

You would think 13 and 14 year old boys could behave for a 1 mile drive home but NOOOOOO!!!!!

When I'm working the kids have to wait about 10-15 minutes for me to get from Ericson over to Wangenheim. I don't know what they do but apparently from today's incident Jack and Andrew bully a girl that waits near them. I don't know if she is in any classes with them but sometimes they yell "egg head" out the window at her when we pull away. Since her group is behind me I don't see her reaction. I do however tell them to not yell out the window, don't yell "egg head" or any other names. I have even pulled back over, if its safe to do so, to yell at them to behave. Sometimes I lock their windows.

Today, her brother followed us in his car. When I pulled up outside  Andrew's house they both got out and approached my car.
Him: (politely but mad) Are you aware your kids are bullying my sister?
Me: I hear them yell out the window and I tell them to knock it off. I have pulled over, locked their windows and it will never happen again.

The girl names Jack and Andrew and says the rest of the kids don't do anything. (Colin, Brendan, Cara, Eric)

He proceeds to chew them out and makes them apologize. He does not yell, nor curse but he is very menacing. I make them apologize. Then I make sure that this is done. No more following me, no more talking to the girl. No more "egg head". Nothing. DONE!

Then I ream them out...with a few curse words. How lucky they are that the brother didn't bring a bunch of his posse and kick their a$$. How embarrassed I am, blah, blah And after my sucky day. Like I needed this!

I'm sure no one will be yelling out the window after this. They were all pretty darned scared! And so was I... who knows who is in the Asian Crips or some other stupid Mira Mesa gang and may have a gun. And now I have to call all the parents and tell them what happened.

It is what it is...
Namaaste

No comments:

Post a Comment