Saturday, February 1, 2014

Show Me the $$$

Disclaimer: This particular post may offend some. It did, however, pass my personal policy to let it sit overnight. If it was good to send yesterday, it will still be good to send today... after re-reading.

I don't often whine (or wine, more on that later) on this blog but there is something that I'm really bugged about so here goes.

Girl Scout cookies, Girl Scout nuts, Boy Scout popcorn, Autism, breast cancer, MS, any cancer, mental health, any illness races, feed the poor, help the homeless, magazines and wrapping paper for school, bread for band, candy for baseball and theater, pancake breakfast for rugby, spaghetti dinner for cheerleaders... These are all causes I have either bought products or given money for this year.
Well, no more.
I worked really hard on that Rally video for baseball. I know not everyone is in the position to give a few dollars. If you can't donate, all I ask is for people to just share. Send it in an email. Hit that
"share" button on Facebook. Pass it along, someone is bound to donate. With all the people in our
league, and all the people they know, we should have more than $410. Other than my dad and Aunt
Joan, not one of the people whose causes I have helped this year has shown up with a few $$$ on our Rally site.

To all of the Mira Mesa Girl and Boy Scouts, and I know at least one in every troop standing outside
Von's, sorry kids. And sorry to Colin too, no more $4 boxes of cookies everytime I leave the house. Sorry to all you walkers, runners and cyclers. I won't be tossing 20 bucks your way. Sorry to the pancake flippers, spaghetti sellers and bread makers. Maybe my waistline will become a little smaller.   The karma dollar train stops here.

That's my rant and I'm sticking to it.
And on to the wine... courtesy of YouTube. Look what you can do if you have no corkscrew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1wROm-OF9w
It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment: