Monday, December 23, 2013

I LOOOOOOVE Heaven!

One of my mom's best friends past away on Saturday. Paula texted me the news today. I was sad until I got this hysterical picture in my mind of Bobbi (my mom) and her friend, Madalyn reuniting in heaven. 
Some background:
Bobbi, Ginny and Madalyn grew up together in Irvington, NJ. Ginny and Madalyn are sisters. Bobbi and Ginny were best friends. As they grew older they were all best friends. Ginny moved "down the shore" to Brick, NJ. When the house next door became available, my parents bought it, my mom and her best friend lived next door to each other. They loved it. Madalyn took the train on weekends to visit. Madalyn worked as a librarian for the NJ Institute of Technology. She was always very proud of her job and her relationship with the students there. Madalyn was such a well rounded person. She took frequent trips to the museums in NYC and saw many Broadway shows. She was an avid sports fan and loved the horseraces. 

What I remember most about Madalyn is that she LOOOOOOVVED everything. Not just liked something, nor loved it. She LOOOOVED it!!!!
I LOOOVE purple!!!!
I LOOOVE herring!!!
I LOOOVE  bleach!!!
I LOOOVE champagne!!!
I LOOOVE Paris!!!
I LOOOVE New York!!!
I LOOOVE  the library!!!
I LOOOVE your dad!!!!
I LOOOVE  baseball!!!
I LOOOVE  hockey!!!
What ever it was, Madalyn LOOOOVED it!

In 2005, we took a trip to NYC to see a work of art by the famous artists Christo and Jean-Claude called"The Gates".
7,503 saffron colored nylon gates were set up through out Central Park. It was to be the highlight of our trip. Our group consisted of  me, Paula, Mom, Ginny, Madalyn and maybe my cousin, Joanne. We couldn't wait to see them. We imagined these beautiful saffron banner type things blowing in the breeze. We all though saffron was going to be yellowish with a tinge of orange. The gates were traffic cone orange. My mom was horrified. Paula and I cracked up. Madalyn and my mom got into a huge argument about saffron and what these "gates" were supposed to look like. Of course Madalyn LOOOVVED!!! them. Bobbi hated them and we were never to bring them up again. Which of course we did. 


Now 2 of the 3 are gone. 

The picture I saw in my mind was mom  wearing a classic white pant suit outfit with her white angel wings meeting up with Madalyn, wearing the white sweat shirt and white sweat pants outfit that she wore when she wasn't wearing her purple sweat outfit of the same type and her white angle wings saying, "Oh Bobbi!!!! I LOOOOOOVE Heaven!!!!" 

It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss but I really love that you see it in such a wonderful way. It's true that they are now reunited looooooving Heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete