Sunday, December 8, 2013

Cookie Time

Colin's soccer team lost both their games...in the pouring rain yesterday in the Area Championships. Not that's any surprise. The decision was made that the games for today would be canceled and only the winning teams would play next week. SOCCER IS OVER!!!! (and hopefully the drama that goes with it) But then again, baseball is starting up. I'll save that for another day.

Thinking I actually will have a free Sunday, I think about going to yoga and then down to El Cajon in the afternoon to take Seth home. And maybe a mimosa or some other adult libation. But something is nagging at me. I look at my calendar and I see that is Wendy's annual cookie party and gift exchange. I haven't been able to make that in years. Mostly because of soccer... did I mention SOCCER IS OVER!!!! But its after 7pm, I haven't RSVPed by the right date and I have no plan to make the required 4 dozen cookies. And Paula, the Cookie Queen, is not here to do it for me.  I text Wendy and its still OK to go. YAY! I'm not making cookies after 8pm, just not happenin' so I figure something will come to me by the morning. And I'm NOT going to the store. I have to have all the ingredients on hand.

I'm always trying to use up our millions of limes so I Google lime cookie recipes and find one that needs no chilling time. No time for that. Its 8am and I have to leave at 11. I decided on Chewy Lime Sugar cookies from some blogger.  http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/chewy-lime-sugar-cookies/
It was in the top 3 Google hits. Go outside I go to pick a few limes. The recipe called for flaked coconut but no coconut here today. I subbed in some ginger. All the bath products are ginger-lime so why not my cookies.

I'm pretending to be a food blogger.
Zesting the lime

Chopped lime zest and ginger


Before

And after

The final tin

Speaking of cookies, here are  the disappointing results of the Stanton Holly Trail Silver Tea cookies that I posted about last year.


Thankfully Paula was safely tucked away at the Buffalo Farm

selling candy and other treats. That she made and expertly packaged...



It is what it is...
Namaste



No comments:

Post a Comment