Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Road Trip Part 4

And the rest of the story goes like this.

I head off to the Kia dealership with a confident, positive attitude that things were going to go my way. Let's put that good energy out there into the universe.

I told my story to the service manager emphasizing that even though we were all OK, this has disaster potential written all over it.  He was horrified that this could happen. He immediately said they would refund the service fee.

He told me the employee would be disciplined. Now I'm picturing a 25 year old service tech with a pregnant wife. I don't want anyone fired over this. Mistakes happen. Granted this could be worse but I really don't want anyone to lose their job.

We then discussed the tips I paid out ($50 total) and the time taken out of my vacation. He said he couldn't reimburse me for the tips because I had no receipts. Seriously, do you ask for a receipt when you tip someone? So, no cash back.

Me: Surely there is  something you can do that doesn't involve cash.

He offered to give me my next service free. I already have the maintenance plan so that won't work.

Me: What else, can you do? I ask, giving him the pleasant stare down.

Him: How about a complete detail. Total value is $170.

Me: That sounds reasonable. I'll be in on Friday. And I'll need a loaner car so I don't have to wait around all day.

Him. See you on Friday. Again, I'm really sorry for your trouble. Thank you for being so understanding.

Score! My car is super dirty from the baseball season and the trip to Vegas. A detail will be great, just in time for the muddy cleats of soccer season.

I think he thought I was going to sue them. Which maybe I could have but it's not worth the hassle since it all worked out.

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment