Friday, July 18, 2014

And It All Started With A Big Bang

One of our favorite shows is the Big Bang Theory. Its about 4 super smart, socially awkward physicists  and the not so smart but pretty blond waitress that lives next door. They share a love of all things science, math, video games and comic books.

Imagine my surprise when I find myself in the middle of a Big Bang episode as I wait in line right in our neighborhood Vons. Since I didn't catch their names, lets just call these two Leonard and Raj.

Leonard: Raj! Long time, no see! Where have you been, man?
Raj: (in your best tech help Indian accent) Leonard! How are you doing, man? I have been taking a summer course in aerospace technology.
Leonard: You going to game night tonight?
Raj: Yes, I was planning on that. I did not see you at the rocket competition last weekend. Were you there?
Leonard: No, I was at the model train club event. How did you do in the rocket competition?
Raj: Not so well. Our rocket only went 3,000 feet. It was quite disappointing.

At this point, I have to turn around to see these two. You got it...Leonard was tall, thin with nerdy glasses and in need of a haircut. Raj was a short, roundish Indian. Both appeared to be late 20's. What were they buying? Leonard had a package of hot dogs, buns, chicken nuggets and a bottle of some type of craft beer. Raj had greek yogurt, some cucumbers and ice cream. And 3,000 feet seemed to be a good distance to me for a rocket.

Leonard: Too bad. What was the winning distance?
Raj: 25,000 feet.
Leonard: WOW!
Raj: It was quite impressive.

And that was all I heard.

All together now...
-The Earth began to cool, The autotrophs began to drool.
Neanderthals developed tools.
We built a wall, we built the pyramids
Math, science, history, unraveling the mystery and it all started with a Big Bang!
Bang!

It is what it is...
Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment