Friday, April 18, 2014

Baked Eggs?

As most of us know Facebook has pretty much become RecipeBook... well, except for my friend, Tiffany its "Promote My Book" Official Shout Out to Aspiring Author TJ West and her book November Rain. Order it on iTunes. To be released June 10. Look for her on Facebook as TJ West or here is her blog: http://authortjwest.blogspot.com/

Back to the eggs. I am not a fan of eggs so they are generally off my radar. I sometimes make them when Captain Grandpa or Phyllis is here. The kids like them and Cara likes the hard boiled variety. Colin can whip up an omelet with the best of them.  Like I said, unless someone asks, its usually off my radar.

Since its Easter, I have been seeing how to make hard boiled eggs in the oven. Yea, right. Recipe for disaster, I think. But....I'm usually up for a good experiment. Remember the wine gummies??? Yummo!

Here we go!

I went with 6 since that was not to many to ruin...
Preheat oven to 325
Put them in muffin tins so they don't roll around.

Bake for 30 minutes
Take out

No explosion - in fact they look just the same.
Put them in an ice bath, cause eggs need a chilly bath for 10 minutes.

The shell came off very easily

Have your taste tester ready to enjoy.

Phyllis says they are perfect!
Who knew??? It works! No boiling water, no timing and No Mess!

It is what it is...
Namaste

2 comments:

  1. But why wouldn't I just time them boil for 8 minutes? Boiling water makes no mess? Then put them in the fridge before peeling. Not digging the egg idea. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I have just been experimenting with this!! I saw some recipes about it and tried it....I was worried they would explode! They came out perfect without gray lines around the yolk. Mine had the same little brown spots on the shell. I think it's easiest now because I can make a lot without breaking out the big pot, plus I don't have to even rinse out a pot after. Plus, it is a fun novelty......

    ReplyDelete