Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Proud Mom

Its been Little League Central around here as we get ready for the spring season. We had the final draft here last night.
The drafts are one of the best parts of being the Prez. I get to sit and watch 3-4 grown men argue about kids ages 6-13. Its hysterical.

Some random comments:
"That kid is nice but his dad sucks, I wouldn't draft him."
"Son-of-a bitch!!! I wanted that kid."
"That kid couldn't catch a fish in a kiddie pool"
"That's not what I expected" - many times last night
Lots of "S-O-B" , some sh##, a few F-bombs and my personal favorite....
In the 2nd round...
Coach Leonard: I'll take play #1206 - Everyone scans their player sheet to see who 1206 is..
Scott: (who is not supposed to say anything as player agent) CARA???, YOU"RE TAKING CARA IN THE 2ND ROUND????!!!!

Pretty awesome for the only 12 year old girl in the league to be chosen as a 2nd round draft pick.

And in taking a break from LL yesterday afternoon, I took Andrew for Honor Band auditions. Honor Band is made up of the best musicians from around the whole district. He was very nervous. He said its not like baseball because everyone knows what he is capable of. In band, the judges won't know him if he messes up. I hope he makes it... Gotta get my band fix somewhere.

It is what it is...
Namaste

2 comments: