Wednesday, September 17, 2014

You Never Forget Your First

Oh no - We are not goin ' there! Get your minds out of the gutter.

Colin: Mom, why do even need algebra?
Cara:  Mom, why do even need algebra?
Any random person:  Why do even need algebra?
Me: I don't know. I have NEVER used algebra in real life. NEVER!

Until today... at my new job at MSE Landscape Professionals.

I was not in the door 5 minutes when...
Ron: How are you at algebra?
Me: WHAT???
Ron: How are you at algebra?
Me: Are you serious??? I haven't had algebra for 25 years! Unless you count helping Colin, which was an epic FAIL!
Ron: Well, time to brush off those skills.
Me: (starting to sweat) I guess...

By the end of the day, we were breezing through some serious formulas.



There's a first time for everything.

It is what it is...
Namaste


1 comment:

  1. I actually have a few things that I use equations for here at work (lots of measuring and footage, etc, with picture framing)... but I have them written down and lord help me if I ever lose them!!!

    ReplyDelete