Thursday, September 11, 2014

Just Call Me Pam

The winds of change are a blowin' over here at It Is What It Is. I'm starting a new job next week at MSE Landscape Professionals! I'll be working in the office for my dear friend, Ron.

Whaaaaat! Yup! He was looking for an office assistant and his lovely fiance, Lisa thought of me. At Ron's 50th party in July, Lisa and I were chatting and I was telling her I was tired of the randomness of subbing and herding the cats.And doncha just know, Ron calls me up last week and asks me if I'm interested. I'll be starting 2 days per week and possibly  moving to full time when their college student graduates. That leaves me with 3 days for subbing if I want. While I'll start out doing basic "office" stuff like answering phones, making copies, booking appointments (aka Pam, for you Office fans), Ron would like me to learn how to help him with the basics of design.

Tuesday I went for an "interview" with Ron and Mike, the owner. I had met him at Ron's party and we chatted for a while then. They tell me they are not very PC and they drop the F-bomb from time to time. That was pretty apparent. No problem. The first thing I notice is the fully stocked liquor cabinet. The say, they like to have a drink from time to time. I think I will fit in fine.

It is what it is...
Namaste


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations MB. I'll bet you'll do fine. Annie

    ReplyDelete