Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Big Reveal

Let me remind you of Colin's room Before

And now for the Big Reveal....do a drum roll in your mind...


 He made that lamp in woodshop last year. One of the projects he actually completed.

New walls, a sectional sleeper, shelves, curtains and mostly clear surfaces!


I have been asked where all the stuff went. My strategy was the classic one seen in many magazines and on Hoarders. (not that we are hoarders...Ok, maybe Colin is slightly but he is a kid and doesn't want to put any effort into cleaning)

Empty out EVERYTHING! I did this in sections: closet, bookcase, desk, etc. Make 4 piles. Trash, keep and store in the garage, give away and return to room. The keep and store is reserved for favorite books, team jerseys to be made into a quilt at some later date, the Hess truck collection. It all must fit into 1 tote.

I pre-sorted and got rid of the trash. Then I got Colin to decide what to save and what to give away. It took less than 1/2 hour for each section!

Then I put back the stuff that he actually uses. There is nothing on the walls so there is still room for personalization.

And I SORT OF promised him that if the bookcase was cleaned out, he could MAYBE get the turtle he has been wanting....

It is what it is...
Namaste


1 comment:

  1. Great job MB. A turtle might be a good pet for Colin - not much care required. Annie

    ReplyDelete