Thursday, June 5, 2014

Give Em Enough Rope

Sorry its been soooo long but I have been so busy. I know, not a good excuse when I managed to crank something out everyday for a year.

So The MMWLL First Ever Movie Night/BBQ/ Basket Auction was a HUGE success! We made about $2700. That's about $1200 more than last year when we had it at restaurant instead of at the fields. We learned a few things that the next people can do better but overall, I got nothing but compliments. FYI, the movies were Sandlot and Frozen showing at the same time on different parts of the minors field. Biggest suggestions were get more GlowSticks and have camp lanterns in the Porta Potties. (Sadly we lack permanent bathrooms which will be remedied when the fields are remodeled - again, someone else's headache.)

The post season tournament schedules have been released with both kids on TOC and All Star Team and all their practices, Colin's soccer schedule and Andrew auditioning for HS band drum line (2x per week for 3 weeks) and working... computer time is maxing out but not for blogging.

Dirt Alert!!!

I had to fire the vice president, hence the title Give Them Enough Rope.

My vice president is not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree. In fact, he pisses people off almost daily. He is a horrible manager and a worse umpire, however there really hasn't been a tangible reason to get rid of him. He volunteers for everything from Snack Shack to umpire to All Star manager in every division to director of Western Regional. He got us great deals on our regular season and post season jerseys. Stupid is not a real reason

UNTIL....
 I get emails from the other 2 managers in his division. A parent took a screen shot of his Facebook posts.

"Closed our another year at Little Boring League..."
"All Stars in LL is really a joke..."
"For those of you looking for real baseball, go to youth or pony league..."
" So tired of this non competitive level, such a waste of time..."

The Sting:

I had the manager of the Little Star team (7-8 year olds) who is also the manager rep, call a coaches meeting 1/2 hour before the practice so the kids and parents wouldn't be there and only told him, none of the other coaches.

The manager rep and I are sitting at the picnic table when he walks up.

Me: Can I talk to you?
Him: Am I in trouble?
Me: Have a seat.
Him: What's up? Am I in trouble?
Me: Yea
Him: Do I owe money?
Me: Yea. (He didn't turn in his candy money yet from December of 2013)
Him: What else? Did I do something?
Me: Yea - handing him the FB posts
Him: Ummm, I was hoping you didn't see those.
Me: Welll, obviously I did. Not smart...
Him: So you want me gone???
Me: Yea...I'm removing you as coach of the Little Star team.
Him: Really... ok
Me: And it would be in your best interest to email the board and submit your resignation. Quietly with some thing like "personal reasons"
Him: Ok... see ya
Me: and I'll need your keys and any equipment that is the leagues. Your son is welcome to stay on the Little Star team and you may sit in the stands as a parent but you are not allowed on the field.

Got the keys and the equipment. I saw him sitting in his car.

Moral of the story - be careful what you post, you never know who may see it and when...

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment