Friday, October 21, 2011

Slug Bugs and Tweeties

Going anywhere in the car with Cara involves a game of Slug Bugs and Tweeties. You may know that Slug Bugs or Punch Bugs are a VW Bug, however this is not the only car I get continually punched in the arm (or tapped in Cara's case) when spotted. Oh no, what else could there be you may ask. Here is the list:
 Slug Bug,
Old School (old vw bug),
 New School (new vw bug)
Marshmallow (white vw bug)
Hippie van (vw van)
Soft Top and Hard Top Slug Bugs
Tweetie (any yellow car)
Kermit ( any green car)
Cube ( any square car such as Kia Soul, Element, Cube, X-B something,etc)
There are also variations that I still don't remember.

So this pretty much covers over 60% of the cars on the road. I am also supposed to spot all these cars before her and call them out while tapping her back, listening to the Radio Disney and driving. And she knows where all the neighborhood cars are parked so my arm is bruised before we even leave our neighborhood.

Here is a sample of our drive to soccer practice:
Cara: Slug Bug Old School
Me: Twinkie
Cara; Its a "Tweetie" as she hits me, not a Twinkie,
Me: Sorry, Twinkies are yellow
Cara: Kemit
Cara: Kermit
Cara Tweetie
Me: I'm not playing, I quit
Cara: You can't quit until we get there. Kermit
Me: Twinkie, no wait Yellow, no wait..,
Cara: Mom, I told you its not Twinkie, it Tweetie
Me: Kermit
Cara: Mini, cube,etc
Me: I already called that.
Cara: I added on.
Me: You can't do that. I quit.
Cara: Yes I can. You can't quit till we get there. Tweetie.

It Is What It Is.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment