Monday, August 25, 2014

Happy Birthday To Me!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! My day was pretty low key.

I picked up my newly blind friend, Maria to take her to the RIPPED class she teaches at the gym. She was diagnosed with LHON, a rare, hereditary disease of the optic nerve. She became legally blind in the last year. She is truly an inspiration in how she deals with her challenges with grace and humor.

Read more about LHON if you like:
http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/leber-hereditary-optic-neuropathy

And here is her blog. Girl Gone Blind
http://www.girlgoneblind.com
On to Starbucks for my FREE birthday coffee...
Then we went to another friend's house to work on a project for the LHON foundation. I'm not allowed to tell.

On Jersey Mikes to get my FREE birthday sub...

Then Home Depot for a new smoke alarm that I had to install.

Work on the next part of the LHON project.

Back to the gym for Cara's training session. I have her enrolled in a group training program to keep her in shape. We started with a 30 day challenge so we will see...and while she is training I hop on the eliptical for 40 min.

Phyllis treated us all to dinner for a group (me, Colin, Scott) at Fillippis Italian restaurant and then...
Bachelor in Paradise on TV. Oh yea - cheesey reality shows!

Presents???? A hot stone massage tomorrow from Scott, a few new tops from Phyllis and Cara walked to 7-11 to get me some Rollos. $$$ from my dad and a surprise candle from Maria.

Two of the best parts of birthdays? All the FREE stuff. And now you have a week or two to get it. I'll still be going to Rubios, Yogurtland and Golden Spoon for more freebies. And all the Happy Birthday messages on Facebook! Standard and you don't have to send a card but I still like it.

Funniest card winner goes to..... My oldest, coolest and dearest friend, Audrey.

Happy Birthday to me
It is what it is...
 Namaste

Since Phyllis has been here, she is always on our computer and it's hard to blog when she is looking over my shoulder. I have a few funny stories saved up. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MB. AND MANY MORE! ANNIE

    ReplyDelete